Uniform and Equipment
MAIN SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Black blazer with school crest
- Black jumper with school crest (optional, but if a jumper is to be worn it must be purchased from our uniform suppliers).
- Plain black trousers (no leggings, jeans or tight-fitting trousers, please see our uniform suppliers for type of trousers you should purchase)
- Plain black tailored shorts (no sports shorts or tight-fitting shorts).
- Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 (September 2023) – Pleated tartan skirt (knee or long length).
- Year 11 (September 2023) – Plain black pleated skirt (knee or long length). Any students in Year 11 wishing to wear a skirt, must purchase the black pleated skirt from our uniform suppliers and this is offered in knee or long length.
- School house tie/house pin for students wearing the tartan skirt
- Plain white shirt
- Plain black socks or tights
The following items are compulsory:
- Training t-shirt top
- ¼ Zip training top
- Shorts or skort
- Coolmax socks
The following items are optional extras. However, if they are to be worn, they must be the ones from our uniform supplier:
- Technical rugby shirt
- Training pants
- Dance leggings
- Dance kit – all students studying BTEC dance must wear the dance leggings available from our uniform supplier.
- Smart outdoor coat – dark in colour (leather, leather-look, denim, hoodies, sweatshirts are not permitted and no large logos or writing are allowed)
- Shoes – plain black leather-look shoes, no canvas/trainers to be worn
- Headscarves – plain black or navy blue only
- Sports footwear for PE only – sports trainers, football boots (see information below).
It is important to note that all students will require football boots. However, these must have moulded rubber or plastic studs (either firm or soft ground versions). Metal studs/blades or AstroTurf trainers are not permitted. This is in order for students to be able to play on our stateof-the-art indoor 3G AstroTurf pitch.
Students are not allowed to wear make-up in Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. Discreet make-up is permitted in Years 12 and 13. For clarity nail varnish, false nails and false eyelashes are not allowed.
One wristwatch is acceptable, but no other adornment on the wrist or fingers. Students with pierced ears will be allowed to wear small studs or small sleepers, but no hooped earrings. Items that are not acceptable will be confiscated until the end of the half term, when they can be collected from student services.
Our uniform must be purchased direct from our uniform supplier, SWI Schoolwear and can be delivered direct to your home or to school. The current prices can be found on their website – https://www.swischoolwear.co.uk/ Uxbridge High only holds a very limited stock and does not have uniform for trying on purposes.
To order online, visit https://www.swischoolwear.co.uk/ by phone on 0845 519 0099 or by post to SWI Schoolwear, Fairoak Lane, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Runcorn, WA7 3DU. Payment can be made by debit/Visa/Mastercard or by cheque/postal order. The order form can be found on the school’s website.
Our uniform is not sold by any shops in the local area and if purchased elsewhere, parents may find this of inferior quality and that it does not comply with our standard uniform requirements.
It is important that students arrive on time and well equipped for every lesson they attend. This prevents disruption to their own learning as well as the learning of others and allows teachers to make the maximum use of teaching time available.
Please find below a list of equipment every student must have for every lesson. If they need to replenish any items, these are available for purchase on ParentPay, which will then be distributed to students in form time.
- Student Knowledge Organiser (provided by the school termly)
- 2 black pens
- 1 green pen
- Coloured pencils
- 2 sharpened pencils (with eraser if possible)
- 1 eraser/rubber (if pencil doesn’t have an eraser)
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 highlighter pen
- 1 30cm ruler
- 1 glue stick
- 1 geometry set
- 1 scientific calculator
- 1 pencil case
Tippex or other correction fluids are not allowed in school.
Students can purchase a pencil case from Student Services which contains most of the essential stationery items, see below.
|Pencil Case (filled - includes 2 black pens, 1 green pen, 2 sharpened pencils, 1 eraser, 1 pencil sharper, 1 highlighter pen and a 30cm ruler)||£4.50|
|Pencil Case (empty)||£0.75|
|Pen set (includes 2 black pens, 1 green pen & 1 yellow highlighter)||£1.50|
|Pencil set (includes 2 sharpened pencils, 1 eraser and a pencil sharper)||£0.70|