Uniform and Equipment
MAIN SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Black blazer with school crest
- Black jumper with school crest (optional, but if a jumper is to be worn it must be purchased from our uniform suppliers).
- Plain black trousers (no leggings, jeans or tight-fitting trousers, please see our uniform suppliers for type of trousers you should purchase).
- Years 7, 8 & 9 - Pleated tartan skirt. Any Year 7, Year 8 or Year 9 student wishing to wear a skirt, must purchase the pleated tartan skirt from our uniform suppliers and this is offered in knee or long length. If you choose to wear the skirt, it is recommended to wear a white revere blouse and in replacement of a house tie, it is recommended to wear a house pin.
- Years 10 to 11 – Plain black pleated skirt. Any students in Years 10 to 11 wishing to wear a skirt, must purchase the black pleated skirt from our uniform suppliers and this is offered in knee or long length.
- School house tie / house pin for Years 7, 8 & 9 wearing the tartan skirt.
- Plain white shirt or for Years 7,8 &9 wearing a skirt – white revere blouse or open necked blouse.
- Apron – for technology and art
The following items are compulsory:
- Training t-shirt top
- Unisex ¼ zip training top
- Unisex shorts or skort
- Unisex coolmax socks
The following items are optional extras. However, if they are to be worn, they must be the ones from our uniform supplier:
- Unisex technical rugby shirt
- Unisex training pants
- Dance leggings
- Dance kit – all students studying BTEC dance must wear the dance leggings available from our uniform supplier.
Our uniform must be purchased direct from our uniform supplier, SWI Schoolwear and can be delivered direct to your home or to school. Please see their website for current prices. Uxbridge High only holds a very limited stock and does not have uniform for trying on purposes.
Alternatively we sell second-hand uniform via Uniformd. These are items that are in a good condition that have been donated to the school by other parents, and are sold at a low price to parents. Please click on the uniformd link below to see what’s available.
Additionally, if as a parent/carer you have uniform that no longer fits or is no longer used, we ask that you would consider donating to the school. This could be any item of uniform including blazers, ties, shirts, trousers, skirts and shoes. Donated items may be given to parents in need, or sold on Uniformd. All income generated from sales on uniformd is regenerated into uniform assistance for families in need. To donate, please ask your child to carry the items to Student Services.
For parents who are struggling with the purchase of uniform, we offer assistance with uniform. Please click the link below to check if you are eligible for help, and to apply.
Smart outdoor coat – dark in colour (leather, leather look, denim, hoodies, sweatshirts are not permitted and no large logos or writing are allowed)
Shoes – plain black leather-look shoes, no canvas/trainers to be worn
Headscarves - plain black or navy blue only
Sports footwear for PE only – sports trainers, football boots (see information below).
It is important to note that all students will require football boots. However, these must have moulded rubber or plastic studs (either firm or soft ground versions). Metal studs/blades or Astroturf trainers are not permitted. This is in order for students to be able to play on our state-of-the-art indoor 3G Astroturf pitch.
- To order online: click here
- By phone: 0845 519 0099
- By post: SWI Schoolwear, Fairoak Lane, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Runcorn, WA7 3DU
Pay by debit/visa/mastercard or by cheque/postal order.
Please note that our uniform is not sold by any shops in the local area and if purchased elsewhere, you may find this of inferior quality and does not comply with our standard uniform requirements.
Students are not allowed to wear make-up in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Discreet make-up is permitted in Years 12 and 13. Nail varnish, false nails and false eyelashes are not allowed.
One wristwatch is acceptable, but no other adornment on the wrist or fingers. Students with pierced ears will be allowed to wear small studs or small sleepers, but no hooped earrings. Items that are not acceptable will be confiscated until the end of the half-term, when they can be collected from student services.
It is important that students arrive on time and well equipped for every lesson they attend. This prevents disruption to their own learning as well as the learning of others and allows teachers to make the maximum use of teaching time available.
Please find below a list of equipment every student must have for every lesson. If they need to replenish any items, these are available for purchase on ParentPay, which will then be distributed to students in form time.
- Student Knowledge Organiser (provided by the school termly)
- 2 black pens
- 1 green pen
- Coloured pencils
- 2 sharpened pencils (with eraser if possible)
- 1 eraser/rubber (if pencil doesn’t have an eraser)
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 highlighter pen
- 1 30cm ruler
- 1 glue stick
- 1 geometry set
- 1 scientific calculator
- 1 pencil case
Tippex or other correction fluids are not allowed in school.
Students can purchase a pencil case from Student Services which contains most of the essential stationery items, see below.
|Pencil Case (filled - includes 2 black pens, 1 green pen, 2 sharpened pencils, 1 eraser, 1 pencil sharper, 1 highlighter pen and a 30cm ruler)||£4.50|
|Pencil Case (empty)||£0.75|
|Pen set (includes 2 black pens, 1 green pen & 1 yellow highlighter)||£1.50|
|Pencil set (includes 2 sharpened pencils, 1 eraser and a pencil sharper)||£0.70|